As of March 17, 2020, due to the circumstances surrounding COVID-19, all faculty and staff in the Department of Social Science will be working remotely and are not available for in-person meetings at Keele Campus. The Department is fully committed to ensuring our students get the support they need by various electronic methods.
Faculty/Teaching: All classes have moved online for the foreseeable future including the Summer Term. Faculty are available via e-mail and will communicate individually and also collectively via listservs, Moodle, and so forth per usual.
Staff/Advising: All student advising will now take place via Zoom or over the phone. Students requiring advising must send a request for an appointment to firstname.lastname@example.org. A staff member will respond to arrange an appointment time.
Staff/Other Services: All other services provided by SOSC staff continue via e-mail, while some services may require video-conferencing via Zoom (a free online video-conferencing application similar to Skype.
Website/Twitter: The SOSC website and twitter accounts are updated and monitored daily (weekdays) with important information from the University, LA&PS, SOSC, and individual programs.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Be well and be safe.
1. Mental Health and Wellness at YorkU.
2. Student Counselling & Development.
3. Student Accessibility Services.
4. Office of Student Community Relations.
1. LA&PS Emergency Funding for Undergraduate Students. And FGS Emergency Funding for Graduate Students.
2. Graduation, Convocation, and Summer Term news update.
3. YorkU classes moving on-line temporarily due to COVID-19 concerns.
4. Message from president Lenton re COVID-19.
5. YorkU's Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information Site.
6. This Week @ York provides important announcements collated from the Division of Students.
Follow us on Twitter at @YorkU_ISS
The Interdisciplinary Social Science degree program (ISS), offered by the Department of Social Science, provides students with a solid grounding in interdisciplinary social science research methods and critical social theory.